Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a surprise and some potty humor

There are many things that are different when you add another child to the mix. I though, for example, that one child crying would affect the other child. Not so. Talmage could care less when Logan is crying and Logan doesn't even flinch when Talmage is bawling. I thought they might wake each other up, sympathy cry or be annoyed, but as far as I can tell there is no change. a nice surprise.

On a more scatological note, if you have ever had a newborn, I'm sure you can remember being shocked at how loud and proud their bodily functions are. What is coming out of this little ten pound body would be more appropriate for a 300-lb burrito-contest-eating man. It's almost like they could shot themselves into space with the amount of gas released. This afternoon, I was sitting at the table with Talmage, holding Logan when he let one rip. Talmage started giggling and said, "woooow". He laughed for about a minute. I'm so glad the potty jokes have started.

3 comments:

Denice said...

Is he lactose intolerant??? It might be too early to tell, but if the diahrrea starts you will know. I hope it is just some good poty humor though... :)

alyse said...

hahahahaha... that's hilarious! what funny guys. i was looking at some pictures from the reunion last night and just couldn't stop talking about how cute talmage is!

Becky said...

it's terrible, but i love the potty humor, too...i don't discourage or discipline any of it, but rather, laugh right along with my kids when someone toots or talks about poop!