Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life in the slow lane

Logan is two weeks old and we are still hanging on. I think that we're doing really well and then I'll catch Talmage spreading breadcrumbs all over our apartment from the back of his fisher-price bus or making watermelon juice and painting it onto the sofa.
As far as i can tell, the biggest downside to two children under two is that one will be unsupervised part of the time, and it is probably the child that knows how to dig through the trash can or take pictures with the camera. For instance, I found you-know-who with the camera this morning and he had taken about 20 pictures. Here are the first couple...after that he expresses his artistic talent (or not) in a variety of shaky, fuzzy landscape shots. (Oh yeah, that is after he got into the bathtub after I had taken a shower and 'swam' around in the residual water...soaking wet from head to toe, not to mention gross.)



Yesterday, I lost my phone. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I finally remembered the last place I saw it was in the hands of this kid. I was sure it was in his room and I tore it apart looking for my phone. It wasn't ringing, so I assumed it must be dead. I all but gave up when I remembered one last hiding spot. Talmage likes to take the end off my exercise bike stand and slip his cars into the tube. Sure enough, there was my phone, tightly wedged into a metal tube. It was pushed so far back I had to pull it out with some kitchen tongs. That is the last time I will let him walk away with my phone. Just for kicks, here is a picture of the culprit.
One last thing, I've been trying to take some cute pictures of Logan for a baby announcement. Here is what happened this morning:



We will try again tomorrow

3 comments:

Becky said...

adorable!

Melanie said...

Oh Brittney......the stories I could tell about lost items! I hear ya! BOYS BOYS BOYS!!!! I need more photos of Logan! Sweet little thing! I hope you are doing good!

Andrew said...

OMG I LOVE your blog!!