Monday, September 15, 2008

Wheels

Talmage is obsessed with wheels. He will go to the greatest lengths to try and spin a wheel. Last week, he snuck out to our patio and started spinning a wheel on the jogging stroller. He started out slow and then began to spin it faster and faster. Then he started switching arms. Right hand, left hand, and finally both hands. Then he got up on his knees and was trying to spin it with even more momentum. In a funny sort of way it reminded me of 'The Price is Right.' I watched that show every morning for the first two months of his life, trying to recover from the sleepless night before. Maybe Talmage was subconsciously watching it too. While I was in my 'Price is Right' phase, I passionately wanted to be on the show. I was so positive that I could win, and win big.
Maybe Talmage is sending me a signal, that I should go and fulfill my dream. Maybe he is practicing to spin the wheel for me and win the extra $5,000. I am pretty sure this is the direction my life should take.
And while I am thinking about baby toys. I would just like to say, babies are not fooled by toys. They want the real deal. They want cell phones, computers, keys, real eating utensils. They don't want shoddy plastic imitations. Those kind of toys are for dogs.

4 comments:

Glen & Kat said...

hahaha. That's so great! And I'm totally with ya on the toys. We finally ended up taking the batteries out of our old cell phones so Kaden could use the real thing.

Alli said...

I love him! He is so cute!

haleyhorrocks said...

I know. I don't even buy Ian toys anymore. Not that I really did in the first place...they're expensive!

jhorrocks said...

Yeah, Ian doesn't play with toys either. But the laptop, dishwasher, and gas kitchen stove are his favorites.