Thursday, September 18, 2008

August in Alaska

This post is dedicated to my friend Haley, who wanted to see more pictures of Alaska. I feel sorry for her, because she lives in Maryland and refers to it as hell. Haley, we can't all live in paradise.

Here is my dad, Robert and Thomas. This is the day we went berry picking at hilltop. It was beautiful, but there weren't a lot of blueberries. We ended up picking a fair amount of crowberries and made a cobbler out of them. It was so delicious. Thomas is showing you how much we had so far... not a lot.
Always the optimist. Don't you just love 1st graders?

We went to the State Fair and saw some giant vegetables, and some cool fireworks. The vegetables weren't so giant this year becuase it's been a little cold. Still, a 68 pound cabbage is pretty awesome. My aunt Dana thought so too.

We went on a walk one day and the sides of the trail were loaded with raspberries. I was eating them like candy, when I leaned over to pick some more and almost picked this giant spider. Sick. It looks like a mushroom, but that is really the body, the legs were pretty short. Here is a clear picture of Mt. Mckinley. You can see it all the way from Anchorage on a clear day. Even in the Denali park, you can barely see McKinley. Not until you get farther away is it visible. Plus, the sprawling metropolis of Anchorage.
This is me, sumo wrestling my brother Robert. Right before I body slammed him. Truston and Talmage fought like gladiators.

2 comments:

haleyhorrocks said...

Thanks for the pictures! Thomas looks so big--I forget that he is still growing. I expected him to be the little four year-old I saw (when your Mom was in Provo fixing up the house) that used the bathroom in the back yard.

Brittney Bodine said...

Haley, he might look a little older, but he would still use the bathroom in the backyard.