Saturday, October 18, 2008

So long, farewell....

For the past month or so, Truston has been looking for work. 'Unemployed' is such a nasty word, so instead we decided to tell people we had started 'living lives of leisure'. You know, like aristocratics. Living at Cherry Hill kind of cramped our style, but I'm pretty sure most people bought it. This last Wednesday, Truston decided to leave his live of leisure and get a job. The gall. He will be working with Tandem Labs. They are just down the street (3 miles downhill...I told him to ditch the car and get a razor scooter instead), and they thought he was really great.
In all reality, Truston wasn't very good at living a life of leisure, he's not lazy enough. I guess aristocracy is not for us. :(

7 comments:

haleyhorrocks said...

That's too bad. I am the best at living a life of leisure, at least so far as I've been able to do. I've never really done it because I've never had money.

Alli said...

Yeah, you know how you hear people say they could never retire early and do nothing. I could. I am perfectly happy staying on my couch for hours at a time...especially if there is a Law and Order SVU or CI on.

But, congrats on the job!

Robbie said...

Well, I am very skilled at being aristocratic. If you want, Robbie and I can move in with you guys, and you can put your initiative to work to support OUR life of leisure . . . what do you think?

Glen & Kat said...

I keep telling myself that one day I'll get to live a life of leisure :) I'm glad you enjoyed it while it lasted and I hope the job goes well.

Megan said...

Yeah, you totally married the wrong guy to enjoy a life of leisure. So did I. I swear, we're home for like five minutes and Justin's saying, "Let's go for a walk." Sit still!! I want to come to your house and let the boys play. Let's plan it.

Porters said...

Well who needs a life of leisure anyways? Really, it's overrated. Well that is what I like to tell myself. haha Congrats to Truston again...that is soo awesome.

Alli said...

Thanks for the comment, Brittney! I totally forgot about it, and it made me laugh. I got so upset over something really stupid, but I have great friends to remind me that I'm A-Okay. I miss you guys!