Saturday, April 4, 2009

It was a good day.

On Thursday, after I had a good morning workout and feeling on cloud 9, I did something I would normally NEVER do. In fact, I have been procrastinating this certain item for..ah... months.
I called our insurance company.
If anybody has ever in this life or previous lives called an insurance company for any reason whatsoever, they know what I'm talking about.
Several things are guaranteed to happen:
1. You will wait for at least 15 minutes to talk to a person.
2. You will have no idea what they're talking about when you do talk to a real person.
3. You will feel swindled.
4. You will start using bad words and making death threats.
5. You will think.."Could this be any worse?" and then you remember some stupidos are trying to socialize medicine and you horrifically realize it could get worse...

BUT

That did not happen! I did have to wait a while to talk to a guy, but he was super nice, explained everything clearly and slowly and broke the happy news that there was several hundred dollars waiting for me to be reimbursed. Awesome. Then he told me more good news, I have even more money waiting for me to use. It just kept getting better. I was ready to profess my love to this man. It was awesome.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow. You're right, a good experience with an insurance agent almost never happens. I am so happy for you that you got good news!

Bethany said...

thank you for saying that i (bethany) am your favorite cousin. OH YEAH.