Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our child, the omnivore

Talmage loves eating. And like any baby, he puts pretty much everything into his mouth. Everything. Especially when he's excited, he'll grab his blanket and start biting it.

And this week, it's been a little rough. I was sick last week and he caught it on Wednesday. And then this morning he had a little rash on his legs and arms. I called our neighbor whose little girl had the same thing, yesterday. She said it was probably 'hand, foot and mouth disease', a viral infection that spreads from swollowing some of the bug. He's been sad and cranky, not his usual happy self. I thought he might like to go on a little walk to finish up the day, so we walked up a street to see Mill Creek. I rolled his stroller in front of it and he looked down and this huge, silly grin spread across his face. It was the first smile I had seen all day. He looked at me, smiled again and started wiggling closer to the stream. He was kicking his legs and waving his little arms and then he was so excited about it...he couldn't help but bite the side of the stroller.

And we wonder why he is sick.

No comments: