Sunday, May 25, 2008

Alaska Adventure, Day 1


So we got to Alaska, no worse for wear. I had looked at a couple of guide books, but it was nothing compared to the book my mom is putting together. I think she might become a tourist guide. If anybody is thinking of visiting, you should. It is beautiful and my mother is an entertainer extraordinaire.

Our first day here we visited a reindeer farm. Trivia question: What is the difference between caribou and reindeer? No difference, reindeer are domesticated caribou.

After a quick reindeer orientation, we were given little pellets and walked into the field were they all were. They were darling, and they ate right out of your hand. It was very exciting and very cute.


Truston, the reindeer whisperer.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Ah! I'm so jealous! We have always wanted to go to Alaska- that is so amazing. I'm excited to hear about your other adventures. Maybe you'll meet White Fang?

Glen & Kat said...

How fun! Tell your family hello for me (I assume you're visiting them). Glen worked a summer in Alaska before we got married and keeps talking about how beautiful it is and how much he wants to go back. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Kathy said...

Um, you guys are so cute. I can't handle it.