Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We are here!

We have arrived in Texas. The drive was good, not as bad as I was expecting. I don't know what I was expecting, but there was no screaming, hours of crying or incessant "Are we there yet?" The boys slept half the way, literally. And the other half was peppered with surprises from the 'trip bag'. A couple of fruit roll ups and matchbox cars went a long way. The most exciting part of the 'Cars' car was the little paper that had pictures of the rest of the 'cars' collection. Talmage studied these for hours.


Logan was pretty happy, took long naps and watched Talmage play with his cars. Eventually, he did need a little entertainment and that came in the form of crazy parental antics.

We moved into the house that my parents bought and will be moving into shortly. When we were packing up our stuff, all I could think was, 'We have SOOO much junk'. But now that we are here in a normal sized house, I don't think we really have that much. Literally everything we have could not fill two rooms of this house. Hence, the next video.
The other day, Logan was crawling around the kitchen, which is essentially empty, checking out the cupboards and he found the bag of bags. This bag of bags provided hours of entertainment. Hours. And Talmage has asked me every day since, "Mom, where are my bags?" Which I have hidden, because sometimes I don't want to pick up 500 bags 500 times a day.
...oh, just kidding, this video is taking forever. Imgaine Logan, the speediest crawler you've ever seen, crawling through a huge pile of bags over and over again while Talmage collects the bags and bellly flops into them like a pile of leaves. Why buy toys when you have bags?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

epic post. truly.

Tanner said...

VIDEO!!! PLEASE!!!! HURRY WE ARE ALREADY LAUGHING IN ANTICIPATION

Gina said...

Congrats on making it to Texas. I wasn't looking forward to our drive either but it wasn't bad at all. The boys look so cute and growing every day.