Saturday, April 3, 2010

My new goal

A while ago I decided to make a new goal. I decided to save all of our DI clothes and repurpose them into something else. I don't know why, but I think repurposing is so cool, making something new out of something old. I love the saying, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without". The fact that we are going to take a little pay cut when Truston goes to school is added incentive to figure out how to "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." Don't worry, I'm not going to start making underwear and knitting socks, but it seems easy enough to take our big clothes and cut them down for the boys.
When we moved into the boys house they had a bag of DI clothes that I went through. I found these shorts and pants.

Yes, that is Talmage with a pair of scissors. Seriously, where is his mom? Originally I was going to make some church clothes; cord pants and vests. However, my original plan is ALWAYS more grandiose then what do.
Here is the outcome.
I'm going to try and make some bowties by next Sunday....seriously HOW CUTE IS THAT???!! Wow, these boys kill me. Have you ever seen anything this handsome? If you have, don't tell me about it.
This was one of my favorite pictures. Talmage is working hard, brushing his teeth and Logan has his little lip out, quivering.

5 comments:

Alli said...

Way to go! Too cute!

Justin said...

You are amazing! I'll make sure Megan doesn't see this post. She will be super jealous.

alyse said...

no. there is nothing cuter or more handsome than these two boys. true story.

Robbie said...

Oh I LOVE it!! NO- I have NEVER seen anything that cure or handsome. Never. Ever.

Becky said...

ah, you're amazing!! those vests are adorable, how do you do it?!