Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winter Vacation

Talmage and I just got back from a winter vacation in Alaska. You know, it wasn't cold enough in Utah. Actually my brother Robert, suffered some pretty severe frostbite just before New Year's, and we were lucky enough to visit him and check on his progress.
We got there right after Thomas' birthday and right before mine, so what better way to celebrate than at Chuck E' Cheese!!! Everybody had a blast. Talmage wasn't really into the moving cars...but Grace loved it. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but Grace is sitting in the car with Talmage. Don't you think he could become Chuck E Cheese's poster child?


Thomas treated us to some very delicious easy-bake cookies. He is quite the cook. One morning I woke up to the smell of toast...or eggs...I couldn't decide which. Thomas was down in the kitchen making french toast for the family. Like he told my dad, "The first couple are burnt, but the rest are pretty good." When I made it downstairs there was a pile of soggy, eggy, bread. And, yes, the first couple were black. Do I need to tell you we didn't eat the french toast? And you-know-who got in trouble for cooking with no adult supervision.
Talmage was treated like a king. (The fringe benefits of being the first grandchild.) He was pulled around on a toy semi-truck. He loved it, eating some string cheese, he would wave to people as he went around the corners.
More riding on the truck, this time lounging.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

He is SOOO cute I will die.
You are the cutest Mom ever, too. So cute.
Someday, I'll be a cute Mom like you and Kat and Haley. Not quite yet, but someday.

Denice said...

Love the pics, I love that he is the KING in true Coleman fashion. I am glad you guys had a great time in AK... Looks like fun with the family!